My Boys MO and Finnegan

My Boys MO and Finnegan

Monday, May 7, 2012

The goats come marching one by one horrah!!

The days have finally come!  My new herd has started to arive one by one!  May 9th I will get my last one and my herd will be complete!  Mini Silky Fainting Goats, here we come!

The first to arrive was Da Vinci.  He came to me after being on transport for 2 weeks.  The entire experience with this particular shipper (whom will remain nameless) was aweful.  He arrived in good spirits but caught a cough, runny nose, some type of skin irritation under his belly from sitting and joint ill.  2 weeks in transport is just too much but he is here and doing well.  Donna is helping me nurse him back to health.  i was very confident of my nursing skills and supplys on hand but once he came in I still felt so incompitent to handle them in thier sickness.  This keeps me humble and reminds me that there is still much more I need to know about.  As of today he is full of life and playing!  Getting much better thanks to some very supportive friends. 

Next we recieved charlie and sugar pie.  They were supposed to be delivered over this past weekend but the company could not get to me until the following wednesday.  So we went to them!  Charlie is a little chunker and eats like a piggy!!!  He is a great traveller and was in good health.  Sugar pie is not a good traveller and she arived with a cough and once we got her home she had a fever and was lethargic.  Again, donna came to my rescue and helped me with meds.  Today she is doing much better.  I am confident she will make a speedy recovery. 

Mo has adjusted well to everything, but finnigan is so mad at me.  He does not like any of this.  He cowars next to me, hides behind me and wont look at anyone.  He is not nice to anyone.  He screams at me alot and for me alot.  He will adjust very very slow.  I am so happy with my silkies but very anxious for everyone to get into thier groove and become well adjusted!

No comments:

Post a Comment